Friday, April 17, 2015

Bursting at the seams!!!!

A few months ago, I shared about how I, alongside my youth group gals and a few of the quilting ladies from church were working on sewing pillowcase dresses for an organization called, "Dress a Girl Around the World."
Most of these girls are in high school, and are extremely busy, have little sewing knowledge.....but we paired them with some very patient and understanding ladies from church who have years of sewing experience.....and it was a success!  
Fingers were poked, seams were ripped out, yummy snacks were consumed, laughter was always present, memories were made, and generational gaps were closed....God is good!
6 months ago I set a very high goal of completing 50 dresses!  I didn't really think that was attainable. ...without me spending hours and hours of sewing on my own.....but we made it...and then some! 
These students and helpers have worked very, very hard to complete 100 dresses...yes, one hundred cute, adorable little dresses! 
On Sunday, we will be "offically" sending them off to be delivered,  so this week I hung them in the back of our sanctuary at church so the whole congregation could see these girls amazing talents! 
After I hung them and took this picture, 
I noticed the cross. ...
The CROSS!
Of course, the cross!

Christ has been in the "center" of this project the whole time!  We always had just enough sewing machines,  just enough fabric,  and plenty of willing hearts...that was no accident....He always provided...He was ever present in this project!
 
My heart is full and my seams are bursting. ...bursting with pride for these girls...bursting with thanks to the other adults who helped with this great task....
and best of all....God has given us the ability to share His love all the way from Forest Grove, MI...to some little girls that will look adorable and hopefully feel and know God's amazing love!

If you dream big, pray hard, and Christ is in the center of it....you will be blessed! 

2 comments:

Blog Archive