Saturday, November 18, 2017

Tears....

I really have no words....
As I type this, the tears are flowing and my heart is bursting! 
Our God is amazing! 

I have been sitting here reflecting over the past few days, and the only word to describe it is "overwhelmed"!
We were overwhelmed by the amount of people that came....
overwhelmed by the love and kind words...
and overwhelmed by the financial outpouring and your generosity!
Our mission is always to be a blessing to others by what we do....but W.O.W, these last few days the roles have been reversed. We feel so, so blessed by what you have all done for us!
There aren't enough words to say "Thank You"....or to describe the love we have been shown! 

Last night, Madison and I were talking about how it all went. I shared some of the incredible sweet texts I received from
some of you, and explained that my heart was full. We were telling each other fun stories about the laughs we had with you and we showed each other fun pictures of the selfies you guys took with Charlie....and even the outhouse;). 
And then my 15 year old "know it all" really did put my 41 year old butt in place....
She said,  "Mom, why didn't you have enough faith? "
"Why did you doubt God?"
I just sat there...trying to come up with the right words to defend myself. 
Madison said,  "I knew we were going to make our goal. We worked hard and God is good, all the time."
My head was spinning. I was tired and I didn't really feel like getting into a bigger discussion about "His plans, but not my plans" tonight...but her "child like" faith still struck me.....
She was right....it was always... lT IS ALWAYS, as simple as that:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

I didn't doubt God, I did have faith in God.... but I definitely needed to truly, fully TRUST him more...
I explained that God uses these things so we may grow...grow closer to Him.  

God has used each and every one of you that stepped foot into the farmhouse this week!
He has used you to bless us, so we in turn can bless others!  
You guys did it!
Two Guatemalan families will have a HOME because of your support! They will have a place to rest,  a place to be a family,  a shelter in the time of storm, and most importantly a place to worship God. We will be sharing the Gospel with them, praying over them and their home, and giving them  a Bible to read in their home.
This week you all have been the hands and feet of Jesus, and in February our team will be the hands and feet of Jesus in Guatemala! 
How can you continue to serve alongside us?
Please PRAY! We cherish your prayers, and if you purchased a lantern, please light that lantern!  Let your light shine! Be the Light! 

THANK YOU...from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! 



This was a home that part of our team built last time.  The 2 homes we build this time will be a little different...and will even have Stucco!

We will be in a very remote village this time doing medical/dental work,  building 2 homes....and loving on the Guatemalan people, especially the kids! ( As you can see, Madison is really good at this! )


Myself (Marcy on left), my daughter Madison (center), and my sister in law, Ann Marie (Matt's wife on right) will be going along with 12 other wonderful women.
Many of them have never been to Guatemala or even on a mission trip at all,  but all have answered God's call to serve!
Please be in pray for us as we prepare for or trip and as we travel and serve Feb. 19-26th. 

2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to be invited to your beautiful homestead where there was something for everyone! More importantly, a chance to be a part of something so very special and doing HIS work. GOD is always good and HIS blessings overflow! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy - you rock! Love you and miss you! Madison - have some pumpkin pie with your whipped cream - thinking of you every time! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive