Sunday, April 21, 2019

"an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives."

My internal alarm clock goes off every morning between 4 to 4:30... even on Sunday's...especially on Sunday,  because that is the day we can sleep in!
This morning was no different,  but yet it was a little different.  I woke up this morning at 3:59am. Usually in the morning, my mind starts running thru the days events... but not this morning.  This morning I literally woke up with a Gaither hymn stuck in my head...I mean really STUCK in my head.  I tried to erase the song by thinking about all the things I had to finish before church... cinnamon rolls for breakfast, ironing everyone's clothes, decorating my bunny cake for lunch, etc,etc.
But no.... the song wouldn't leave.

I tried to think about all the "current" Easter songs that I love. The songwriter/ singer Chris Tomlin has a couple of my favorites: "I Will Rise",  "The Wonderful Cross",  "At the Cross (Love Ran Red)."....but to no avail. That hymn was stuck! 
Even though Bill and Gloria Gaither wrote this song back in the early '70's (before I was born!), it still rings true today. It probably will be one of those "old- school hymns" for my generation... forever.  I am okay with that, everybody needs a good old hymn that gets stuck in your head from time to time, right?

As I layed in bed, I ran thru the lyrics in my head:

"God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus
He came to love, heal and forgive
He lived and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives.
How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and the joy he gives
But greater still the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives.
And then one day, I’ll cross that river
I’ll fight life’s final war with pain
And then, as death gives way to vict’ry
I’ll see the lights of glory and I’ll know He reigns.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives
Because he lives
Because he lives!!

I guess God wanted me to "go back - old school style" this morning. He wanted me to really concentrate on those 3 words : Because He Lives.

Those 3 simple words really describe it all...our past, present, and future.  It IS "because He lives" that I have all the assurance I need to live my life here on earth. All my fear is gone because He has paid it all on my behalf. He holds my future....ACTUALLY, He IS my future! His death and resurrection was the perfect gift...the only gift that I need. Without Him, there is no Heaven! Without Him, I have no future.

There is no greater joy than knowing those 3 words...those 14 little letters strung together...BECAUSE HE LIVES! 

Happy Easter my friends, enjoy your day... Because He Lives!

~marcy

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marcy, God sure is good! It is no coincidence that you had that song in your head! It was a gift from God and.... while I was getting ready in the bathroom those same words drifted through our house. Yes, Brent was listening to the same song being sung by the Gaithers! Wow! Right? And then, I also was woken by my internal clock because the night before we had decided to attend sunrise service. As I was eating my cinnamon roll (Sounds like we have the same traditions) God displayed all His glory in the sunrise! There is no doubt in my mind that He is alive and present in our lives EVERY day! We just need to look and listen!Have a blessed Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive